Your search results

Living your Thailand dream property..check out the Visa first

Posted by Niccoli Uberto on 23/10/2013
| Blog
| 0

Living your Thailand dream property..check out the Visa firstThailand dream property

Choose to purchase a property in Thailand has a secondary issue that needs to be taken into account..immigration rules about your stay in the Kingdom.It’s beautiful to own a property overseas, but it’s even nicer if you are able to get a Visa to enjoy a long term period of time where you have chosen to stay.Thailand offers to retirees older than 50 yrs. the possibility to obtaining a one year Visa requiring only annual renewals. The non immigrant O visa (retirement visa), you CAN’T WORK with this kind of visa, but you can stay, hassle-free.You can obtain this Visa in 2 different ways:

– Deposit 800.000 baht into a Thai bank account 3 months prior to the applying for you visa


– Evidence a monthly income of more than 70.000 baht.

If you use the first option (transferring annually 800.000 baht in a Thai Bank), the, once you obtain your visa, you are free to use the money for your personal expenses throughout the year to come, just remember to reach the 800.000 bath necessary amount, 3 months before to re-apply for the next annual Visa.The second option, you need to request your Embassy to issue a letter affirming your monthly income of 70.000 Baht per month.The income can come from a pension plan, leasing a property etc. Every type of income are accepted, as long as you have evidence to prove it’s existence.If you are married and your spouse is less than 50 yrs. old he/she will be able to obtain the status as visa dependent.Unfortunately, as soon as the spouse has reached 50 yrs. of age, he/she will have to fulfill the retiree requirement on his/her own.

Niccoli Uberto
Phuket Island Property
399 Patak Road, Karon beach
Phuket, 83130 Thailand



Leave a Reply

Translate ยป